- NHS App which you can download from app stores
If you cannot access this online service, and you have had 2 vaccines, you can request a paper letter from the NHS by calling 119. Only call 119 if you are due to travel abroad in the near future and have had your second dose more than 5 working days ago. It may take 7 working days for the letter to arrive.
This practice is not able to provide you with a letter that shows your COVID-19 vaccination status.
When you're planning your travel, check the latest information on demonstrating your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad on the demonstrating your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad on the gov.uk website. Make sure there is time to get proof of your vaccination status before you leave.
To Our Patients: Coronavirus Update:
Wearside Medical Practice informs you that all appointments are being telephone triaged by clinicians first. Only patients that have been requested to attend by a clinician should come into the practice for a face to face appointment until further notice.
All patients, who will be offered a face to face appointment, are required to wear their own mask or any face covering when attending. Please click here to watch two short videos.
If you need to contact us, order medication or have any queries, please call the practice on 0191-5689 510 for more information.
Clinically vulnerable people are being asked to stay at home by the government.
If you are worried about Coronavirus, then please use the NHS 111 online service for advice and help. If you cannot access the internet and need to speak with NHS Coronavirus testing service, dial 119 from any phone. Install NHS Test and Trace App on your telephone to help fight the virus.
For more information please visit the government website: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Lifts are situated on the ground floor for ease of access.
- Surgery rooms are located on first floor, accessible by stairs and lifts.
- There are toilet facilities for the disabled on both ground and first floor.
- There are breastfeeding areas and baby changing rooms situated on both the ground floor and first floor.
- The practice is able to provide a ‘quiet room’ should you need this whilst you wait for your appointment.
- Should you need to speak to someone confidentially we are able to provide a quiet room for this conversation.
Wearside Practice AwardThe Practice has received an award for achieving Silver Accreditation for Learning Disabilty Health Check Quality Framework.
Finalists General Practice Nursing
"Angels of the North" 2019
Both Linda and Kim, Practice Nurses at our Practice, were nominated for this year's Angels of the North Awards 2019. We are so proud to announce that both Nurses ended up as Finalists. Kim in the group of 'Rising Star Award' and Linda in the group of 'Angel of the North'.