Wearside Medical Practice
As a practice we serve the Pallion area along with a number of the surrounding areas. We are a two partner practice with the support of a full primary care team. If you would like further details of our team please see our Staff Pages to get to know the members of our team.
The Practice is adjacent to Sunderland Royal Hospital and is situated within a newly built health centre. The Health Centre is also occupied by an onsite Pharmacy, Treatment room and a walk in centre. Diabetic Screening, Podiatry and Seminar Rooms are also on site. There is dedicated car park exclusively for patients use. The car park works on a token system whereby you must obtain a token from the reception to exit the car park.
The Health Centre is easily accessible by public transport. The Buses stop directly opposite the surgery on Hylton Road (Number: 10, 20 Pennywell, No 8, 9 South Hylton). Millfield metro station is the nearest train station for the practice which is only 10 minutes’ walk away. There are designated disability parking spaces in the car park. A Wheelchair is available at the Health Centre reception for people with difficulty in walking.
- Lifts are situated on the ground floor for ease of access.
- Surgery rooms are located on first floor, accessible by stairs and lifts.
- There are toilet facilities for the disabled on both ground and first floor.
- There are breastfeeding areas and baby changing rooms situated on both the ground floor and first floor.
- The practice is able to provide a ‘quiet room’ should you need this whilst you wait for your appointment.
- Should you need to speak to someone confidentially we are able to provide a quiet room for this conversation.
Finalists General Practice Nursing "Angels of the North" 2019
Both Linda and Kim, Practice Nurses at our Practice, were nominated for this year's Angels of the North Awards 2019. We are so proud to announce that both Nurses ended up as Finalists.
Kim in the group of 'Rising Star Award' and Linda in the group of 'Angel of the North'
MacMillan Cancer Support
The Practice organised a Christmas Raffle event and raised £164.63 for Macmillan Cancer Support. We would like to say "Thank you" to all patients and staff that purchased raffle tickets.